Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2%

Everest had his 9 mo. wellness checkup this week and the doctor told us he is only 2% in his weight. We have a skinny little man who is VERY active. He is a bottom less pit…really! He is always eating! So we have to meet with a dietitian this week. The worst part of it all was the fact that he had to get his blood drawn yesterday for some tests. He actually did really well considering the circumstances.
But than I got a phone call this morning from the nurse saying they messed up. The nurse put his blood into the wrong test tube….so back we went to primaries to get his blood drawn AGAIN!! Don’t worry they were very apologetic but than they gave us a cute little student nurse to draw blood from my tiny little tater-tot’s arm! AHH! She turned into the “Roto Rooter” in his arm. She had to rummage around forever to find his vein!
I was screaming inside!! Everest was crying… I was crying… and I almost passed out! Ha ha!
Good thing Aaron was there to save the day! I know he is fine and healthy…he just might never get those chubby little baby thighs!
Poor little arm..

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Our daughter had fallen off the charts by 12 months. She also had to endure lots of blood work...and then some more because some of the results were abnormal...a couple of vials of blood and then blood to fill up a blood culture bottle from EACH arm...I feel your pain!! Everything turned out to be normal...we ended up trying to fill her up with lots of extra calories (pediasure and carnation instant breakfast). She's still little and off the charts, but her doctor says she's fine. I'd be interested in hearing what they tell you to do.

Stacey (lee's wife, aaron's cousin)

atec said...

clark is super long, but also doesn't weigh much.....the doctor seems concerned, but I'm not cause he eats TONS and is always happy and healthy looking! I hope everything really is okay for both of us huh?

Tracy said...

You should have called Julia. That is what she does best!! She is the IV team supervisor. It is horrible to see your little one get hurt. My doctor told me with Lindsey--who was always a squirt--that as long as she was developing well in every other way--he wasn't concerned--especially since we had some very small people in our family. Let us know what's up.

Reeses Pieces said...

Poor little guy. You wouldn't know it by that cute smile that he was in so much pain. I've never had this problem so I have no advice. I'm sure he'll be just fine though.

Nicole said...

Oh I could die! I am so sorry! Did they finally have another nurse get it or did the student get it? I'm sorry that you have to go through this. We will be thinking about you! Please let me know if they find anything!

This is cousin Nicole...I see you have a bunch in your friends list.

natalie said...

Those must not be Hooper genes. We have no problem keeping it down and putting it on. I suggest Mtn. Dew and Taco Bell. It does the job for me:) Keep us posted.

The Happenin' Harwards said...

I just went through the exact same thing last week. Maybe we had the same nurse:) She couldnt find a vein and she kept digging and digging while Whit was screaming and I was crying. I hate needles! Anyway, maybe I should pass some milk your way, My kids is a total fatty (I realize now that this might not sound right) I hope the tests come out ok.

Evans Fam said...

Poor little guy....the nurses still do that to my arm sometimes. some of em are chunky, some are skinny, but they are ALL cute! I bet he is fine if he eats well and is happy. good luck though!