Friday, May 29, 2009

Organic VS. non-Organic
I have never played a part in the whole "ORGANIC LIFESTYLE" until... my baby boy Everest started drinking whole milk a few months ago. Now I pay around $4.50 for a half gallon of "organic" milk. I just realized Everest drinks a TON of milk and this whole "organic" lifestyle is braking the bank!!
We have all heard that non-organic milk holds hormones and antibiotics ... Sorry, but I don't want my baby to start growing a mustache at ten!
I have been reading up on it and most places say there is no difference between "organic" milk and Non-organic milk!
*Help*
Please let me know what you think or have found out about the whole "organic" milk situation!

7 comments:

natalie said...

Well-my kids don't have mustaches or weird ticks but they are out of control. I think non-organic is fine but I'm not really knowledgable about it all. That is really high in price though. I won't complain anymore about the price of my regular milk. Good Luck! By the way I can't believe my highly frugal brother pays that much???

Grandma Shauna said...

Look at it this way. All of us drank the cheap stuff, and there is nothing wrong with us, with us, with us!


Ask Randy tomorrow - He's a dairy man.

Introducing Aaron's Politico said...

Natalie I'll answer your question with a question... Does Matt have any control of how you spend your money?

-Aaron

Alyson said...

All the comments on this blog make me laugh...Especially mom's....LOL!!!

Wallace Family said...

I started studying the organic food situation when izak was born too. it's hard to know what to believe and what not to believe but I'm a bit paranoid so we do the organic. the best deal I've found isn't quite as fresh as the milk they deliver to your door, but winder sells their milk in a few different grocery stores now and it's about $4 for a whole gallon and free of hormones. if you want i can give you links to the stuff i've found.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

wal-mart's brand milk (Best Value or something like that) sells milk with out the rBST (growth hormone) which is really my primary concern about the whole organic.non-organic. it is around $2/gallon

other stores (smiths, albertson's) carry hormone free milk as well that is non-organic and not pricey either. i think Viva is another brand but i couldn't say for sure.

that's all i do..
it's the best of both worlds. miley cyrus style :)

also.. check at sunflower market even.. hormone free milk was a dollar a gallon there today!!!

Melissa Moss said...

I am so glad you brought this up! I have been wondering why Maeva has a mustache!