Sunday, February 7, 2010

Life is so fragile… My friend Brooke put a link on her blog to include sweet little boy Bronson in our prayers and thoughts. I was curious what Bronson’s story was… naturally I linked myself over to this family’s blog
I’m grateful I read his story and can hold my baby close to me tonight. Too many times I find myself doing MANY careless things as a mother. Taking my eye off Everest in Wal-mart. Leaving him in his high chair with Little Einstein’s on, breakfast on his tray and me in the shower. Sick and tired of getting after him for playing with every electrical plug… finding myself allowing him to play with it after all. Running to put away a basket of laundry really quick while he is in the tub (mind you our apartment is the size of a large master bedroom). After tonight I’ll NEVER do any of these careless acts again. ::Life really is so fragile:: After I got done reading this blog my head is hurting, my eyes are burning and my nose is running from sobbing over the reality that this family is dealing with tonight. When I hear stories… as we all do… I find myself getting so emotionally involved and worked up over them for weeks or months over these sad sad situations in life that happen. Part of me is always grateful to have heard these stories. I feel like they are ways to warn me to be careful of what is really important in life… my family! Taking a shower can wait until Everest’s nap time. No load of laundry or mess in the house is EVER more important than my little one! My kids are mine and Aaron’s life! Sure it’s an exhausting job and can really work me over some days. But, even in those days that are really exhausting I still ALWAYS find myself hugging and endlessly kissing my little Everest because I love him SO much. It really is the best, beyond best thing to be a mommy! So tonight I’m reevaluating all my LAXED mothering. And, I will be better from here on out. As of tomorrow… Everest’s cry out for me in the morning at the crack of dawn… won’t seem so early or so painfully loud. His urge to drag every single blanket in the house and pile them up in different places… won’t seem so annoying. He flings his food off his highchair when he is done eating … that mess tomorrow won’t seem so burdensome to clean up. The 5 hats he makes me stack on my head while I cook dinner will seem joyful rather than unnecessary. After all he is still in my arms at the end of the day and I love that best about my day tomorrow! As for Bronson and his family… is all I can do tonight is pray for them!... so can you.

4 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I've been thinking about them
NON STOP! I can't imagine the pain they are feeling. I agree though Angela. I'm already an overly attentive mom, but now I'm WAY OVERLY ATTENTIVE!!!! It's so sad that people are going through trials, but grateful that we can learn through them and pray for miracles in their lives. Love you Ang and love this post.

Darek and Hollie Woodward said...

I think I made it 3 sentences into this story before tearing up. What a strong, precious little boy. We will keep this family in our prayers.

natalie said...

I just felt the spirit more reading that story than I did all day at church yesterday. Not that church was bad but this story is so devastating yet inspiring. I am the most care-free person sometimes and not that that's always bad but I definately need to try a little harder to be a little better. It's stories like this that make your mind hurt for a while. I will definately keep up with this just because now how can I not? I hope so badly that she knows that every mom out there would ahve been doing the same thing. She is not a bad mom. She's a great mom, you can tell, Just a horrible situation. Thanks for sharing Angela.

Reeses Pieces said...

WOW, this definitely makes you rethink your day. I think it's great seeing how many women across the nation are supporting and praying for her. It shows that us Mom's really stick together.