Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blog A*Day March :: Day 16

Have you read this?...

Aaron and I read this book almost two months ago and it has completely improved the way we eat.

I've been recommending it to EVERYONE!

Honestly, I've always been conscious of the food I ate but after reading this book it helped educate me a little more on how I can eat better.

The book lays out a list of "food rules" for you to follow and that's exactly what I've been following.

"They" say it takes 21 days to make a habit... So I'm guessing I've made a habit to put better food into my body.

::

Here is a small preview of the Food Rules.

#39. Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.

#38. Favor the kinds of oils and grains that have traditionally been stone-ground.

#23. Treat meat as a flavoring or special occasion food.

#22. Eat mostly plants, especially leaves.

#20. It's not food if it arrived through the window of your car.

#14. Eat foods made from ingredients that you can picture in their raw state or growing in nature.

#13. Eat only foods that will eventually rot.

#9. Avoid food products with the wordoid "lite" or the terms "low-fat" or "nonfat" in their names.

#7. Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce.

#5. Avoid foods that have some form of sugar (or sweetener) listed among the top three ingredients.

#3. Avoid food products containing ingredients that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry.

1 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

well this post depresses me for two reason.

1). the 6:25 AM posting time

2). according to this.. well let's just say cancer is already knocking on the door,


darn junk food. why?