Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blog A*Day March :: Day 4

Local thrift store shopping
"Christians in Action Thrift Shop" is our local DI.
I go there weekly looking for good fixer-up-er's. EVERY time I go I come home M-A-D. Why?
I'll tell you why...
The store calls themselves "Christin's in action" however they really aren't acting very Christin at all. All of the merchandise in the store is donated to them and than they turn around and sell it for a grundle of money!! I thought the purpose of these Christin thrift stores were to help needy people and to give unemployed people a job? I wouldn't consider myself needy and I cant afford 80% of this stuff.

::

Example:

NASTY chair that I don't like and think is hideous ...

Cost: 125$ { with rips, tears and, stains attached}

....................................................................................................

::

These are all my diamonds in the ruff that I really want. I would LOVE nothing more than to slap some paint on them and reupholster them until they shine.....

Buttttt I cant get myself to buy any of them because I know I could go to DI or on Craig's List in Utah and find all of these for a fraction of the cost!

Call me cheap buttt... I know a good thrifty buy when I find one

aaaand this isn't a good bargain!!

{Cost 99$}

{Cost 80$}

{Cost 90$}

{Cost 25$}

4 comments:

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

You can't beat the D.I. in American Fork. It's like the nicest one, huh? Dorothy, soon you'll be home :)

xoxoKrysten said...

I have got to start thrifting...

tiff and chris johnson said...

well that's the greatest looking thrift store I've ever seen!!!! The thrift stores here have ZERO cute furniture items like that! Totally jealous. I'd steal those up in a heartbeat!

Reeses Pieces said...

I love that last chair. It totally has the country French look I'm going for. I'm impressed with the blog a days. You must have some energy back-wishing I was at that point.