Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Excuse me....

I consider anything that comes from strait from the earth is good and healthy for you. I consider if God made it eat as much of it as you want {in most cases}. Lately I've been "snacking" on cashews. {Really I've been eating them by the hand full...}
Heck! They're good and good for you!
Did you know...
About 75 percent of the fat in a cashew nut comes from unsaturated fats or oleic acid. Oleic acid is the same acid found in heart-healthy olive oil. Oleic acid is credited for lowering triglycerides--fats that are carried through the blood stream and are known to raise the risk of heart disease.
Than I found out... A raw cashew nut contains about 8 calories. A raw cashew nut has about 1 gram of fiber.
excuse me... I've been inhaling 500 calories worth of nuts a day!
who knew!
Just a little bit of FYI in case you wanted to know!

2 comments:

Grandma Shauna said...

Maybe thus cashew thing is my problem. I LOVE them!

Reeses Pieces said...

I know how you feel. I used to love eating them by the handfulls until I heard the calorie count...ouch!