Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin doughnut muffins

batter:
10 T. butter
3 C. flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. coarse salt
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. allspice
1/3 C. buttermilk
1 1/4 C. pumpkin puree
3/4 C. brown sugar
2 large eggs
sugar coating:
3/4 C. sugar
2 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 C. butter
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, and pumpkin. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture, and beat to combine. Butter and flour 12 muffin tins.
Cook for 30 min. @ 350 degrees
Let muffins cool. Brush all over with butter, then toss in sugar mixture.
enjoy!
356 calories per muffin

5 comments:

Dustin Jackson said...

Those look really good! Are you able to slice them?

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh my goodness!!! Delish. So I guess that would be all of my calorie intake towards my thousand bucks haha! My new thing is to make yummy treats for the ladies I visit teach then save just one for myself. I'll let them get chubby :)

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Those look good Angela. Maybe you and Aaron should eat a few more ;)

Grandma Shauna said...

I made these yesterday to take to my neighbor for dinner. The little girl called me today and told me she LOVED them.

Too bad all I could do was take a pinch off to see how tasty they really are.

Susan said...

Those muffins sound too good to have calories!
;-)