Monday, February 7, 2011

Night furry!

Photobucket

It was same day "surgery". It sounds all dramatic and scary but really it was just to get tubes put into my Sladie babies ears. This little bubba-gump of mine has had an earache almost non-stop since October. The final straw was over Christmas break when I thought I was medicating Slade for yet another earache. When on the tenth day of his antibiotic he broke out in hives all over his body..ALLLL over his little body. I take him into the dr's to find out it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotic... and come to find out he still had two, TWO earaches. I felt horrible for him. All this time had past and I had no idea he was in pain.{ I had NO idea that an antibiotic couldn't work!} Aaron and I named him "night furry!" because he was literally that. All of Christmas break he was up every hour in the night. I became a frightening beast with dark circles under my eyes. Anyway... All is well now! He has tubes and no more earaches! Love you Sladie! XOXO

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 months

Weight 16.2 lbs. 11-12%

Height 26.8 in. 38%

Head Circ. 16.9 15%

5 comments:

Dana Dastrup said...

Ang: He is getting to be such a big boy!! But he is definitely handsome that is for sure! I text you the other day, but never heard anything back! Hope you are doing good!

Danny and Heather said...

Poor little guy!! Babies really are so tough with all the pain they go through and can't communicate what hurts!! He is getting so big!

Reeses Pieces said...

Poor little guy. I hate seeing my kids in pain. So glad that problem was fixed. I took Evan in for his 5 month check up today and he is 20lbs, 27in length, and 20in head....oh my goodness by comparison to Slade I think I have a giant on my hands...gosh I hope he's not too big, that could be awkward!!!

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

I think you were totally amazing considering how much you were up with Slade over Christmas. Being up all night with kids and then having to function the next day is ZERO fun. But you were still fun!!!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Seeing your precious babe go under is so so hard! I'm glad he's okay now. Hopefully you can get more sleep and he'll feel so much better!!!!! You have such darling boys! Love you Ang!

Lindy
www.so-happy-to-be.blogspot.com