Wednesday, February 16, 2011

uhhh...

I think I’ll leave work early today... Or maybe I’ll take a “long lunch” this afternoon... I’m going to come into work a little later today... Seriously what happened to those awesome excuses?!...I woke up to Everest in his room with his blankets, toys, and mittens covered in poop. I wanted to shut the door and hope that somehow it would clean it’s self up. So I did! Ha! ... Aaron came home from class and scrubbed until his finger nails turned brown. {grosse! Why do I say things like that} I’ve faced the facts that being a mom is a ton of work. It’s by far the hardest thing I have ever done or will ever do. I feel like I clean up all day long and at the end of the day toy’s are everywhere and dishes are piling up. It’s so easy to sit back and see all these cute moms and think they all have it together and that there houses are always tidy and clean. When the cold hard truth in my house is.... Mommy hood is freaking HARD! Six out of the seven day’s a week I claim the title “single mom”. So if you find me constantly with a twitch in my eye and dark circles under them and, my hair in a bun... you’ll know why. It’s funny... as I sit here ragging on being a mom in my head I am rebounding with reasons why I love it at the same time. But, I'm not going to go on and on about why I love bing a single mom tonight because... tonight I want to be Eeyore and rain on the mommy hood parade! Boo-Ya! Oh, and tonight Aaron and I were suppose to go out on our “romantic dinner for two”... instead the boy’s are sick! uh! So... it’s another night of homework and nursing the kids back to health! Debbie downer is me and I am Debbie downer

5 comments:

Grandma Shauna said...

I think it's time to sign Everest up for pre-school. He's getting bored. I wonder what he was doing with his mittens? Trying to clean it up? :)

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Oh Angela I hear you completely! I feel the same way...so ditto! I hope besides the rough mommy moments (which I know we all have regardless of what we see on everyone's blogs), that you are your cute family are doing well! :)

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

So glad you're honest. Reading other people's blogs can sometimes be depressing. They're training for a marathon, shopping and lunch in the afternoons looking perfect, sparkling clean & 110% decorated house, throwing this party or that, going overboard on their church calling, kids are the next Harvard graduates, and all the while they have the most perfect husband ...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!! LOL!!!

Reeses Pieces said...

Sounds like a crappy day (literally) haha!!

Kate said...

hahaha. I ate some kale. seriously. I did!