Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Irish bells

Photobucket

who knew these were called Irish bells??... not me! i'm craving spring like crazy and these flowers cured my cravings today! i looove fresh flowers! {hint hint aaron!}

St. Patrick's day is coming... and every year I make corned beef and cabbage.

this is the best meal of the year for us!

seriously.

if you haven't tried corned beef and cabbage... than make it!

i am chuck full of recipes these past few day's ... it's super-duper!

Corned Beef and Cabbage

4C hot water

2 T. cider vinegar

2 T. sugar

1/2 t. pepper

1 large onion, cut into wedges

1 3-lb. corned beef , packaged with spices

potatoes, cut into quarters

1 head green cabbage, cut into wedges

Mix water, vinegar, sugar, pepper. Place corned beef in slow cooker. Put as many potatoes you want around the meat. Pour the vinegar sauce and spice packet over the beef and potatoes. Cook on high for 4 hours. Scatter cabbage wedges over the top. Continue to cook 1-2 more hours.

enjoy!

4 comments:

Grandma Shauna said...

Glad you posted this. My grandmother used to make it but i never came across a good recipe. I'm going to give this a whirl.

Melissa Moss said...

Yummmmmm!

Reeses Pieces said...

Dang I wish I would have read this earlier. That recipe looks yummy enough that I'm gonna try it even though St. Patty's is over. I remember you guys saying you loved it!

natalie said...

does the spice packet come with most corned beef or is this a seperate deal? I'll have to try this after I start feeling better. Right now the only thing that sounds good is the bathroom floor:)